Lighthearted

It's cherry blossom season, and the cherry tree at my apartment is close enough to my balcony to touch the pink flowers. I love when the sky rains delicate flowers. It's getting warmer now, still rainy, but warm enough for a t-shirt some days. 

Authentic Mexican restaurant Tanis and I happened upon in Chilliwack last week

Cherry blossoms from my balcony

Sunrise from work

Chinese food in Tanis' new apartment

Popping boba in Surrey

Lower Gold Creek Falls

First aid is boring these days; apparently day shift is less dangerous than nights. It's mostly sore backs and minor chisel wounds. The occasion sprained wrist. 

Tanis and I have lots of plans for the next month. Around packing and planning, we'll be hiking the Chief and spending a weekend on Vancouver Island, and this weekend I'll be back in Lac La Biche for a bridal shower. The last month fills up quickly. 

June is even busier: I'll be moving back to Alberta, parking my truck¹ at my parents' place, and being a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding, all before boarding a plane to London. 

And that is where things really pick up! I'm spending a few days in each of these cities:

- Dublin, Ireland

- Amsterdam, Netherlands

- Lucerne, Switzerland

- Venice, Italy

- Rome, Italy

- Barcelona, Spai

It's my dream itinerary for 41 days in Europe: tons of museums and ruins, lots of culture, a bit of hiking, and plenty of street food. My mom is joining me in Amsterdam. I've had a travel fund ready since 2020, and it's finally time to put it to use. 

I'm planning to blog my time in Europe, but it might be posted all at once when I return, depending how it goes. 

- Aliya

¹ Back in February I rolled my little red car when I hit some ice going 70kph around a corner. The poor car was totalled, but I was fine, and I bought a big truck to replace it. Perfect vehicle to move with; not the perfect vehicle to buy gas for with the current prices. But it is fun to drive!

Comments

Popular Posts