Quiet Hours

It is 12:30 am and the world is quiet. 

Mostly quiet. A dominoes delivery car just turned around in my parking lot, someone a few blocks away is playing loud music, and the neverending noise of existence remains (namely the refrigerator, the lamp next to me, and something in the ceiling that I can't identify).

The stillness is welcome after a busy day. This morning I became a member of Grace Fellowship Baptist Church officially, and this afternoon I attended a church picnic where all of the church was together for the first time since March 2020. I played volleyball (poorly, but with enthusiasm) for a bit, and played with children to keep them off of the volleyball court for a bit longer. 

Last night it rained more than a drizzle for the first time in over 50 days, which is a blessing. God knows the land needs it. Wildfires are burning across BC, and the government recommends that every BC citizen keep a 'go bag' in their house in case of a sudden evacuation order. 

Life is simple and repetitive. It's calming at the moment, but I can nearly feel boredom creeping up on me. Perhaps it is almost time for a change. 

-Aliya 

Comments

Popular Posts