Pictures


Iqaluit at 12:30 last night. Every night is a little brighter!

Biscuits from scratch 😊

This is where the drainage water was flowing into the bay. The stream has moved underneath the ice to the right of the photo, but you can see the ravine formation where it was before.

I did a birthday post, but this was at the end of my night (with cards and gifts all over).

A very interesting boat! This is the M.V. Calanus, a research ship that sailed in the late 1900s and did some important work in better understanding the Arctic Ocean. It's been parked, no longer seaworthy, on the beach of Frobisher Bay, but some residents are now requesting that it be burned rather than rot on the beach any longer. I would love to see a ship like this burn, but I doubt they'll get to do it before I leave.

Just a giraffe.

This is from a little over a week ago. You can see the snowmobiles parked on the strip of remaining snow to avoid scraping over the bare roads in town. There's still plenty of ice on the bay, and some snow out on the land, so the snow machines are still useful to hunters.

This is a place I hadn't seen before- outside of town and past the dump is a rocky area bordered by the river where people build their cabins. It's a sort of no man's land, where anyone can build (no permit required), but municipal services will not required to respond. So you are free to build as you please, but no fire truck will respond to a fire in the area.



You may have seen this already, but I got tired of my long hair and cut it shorter.
 
And finally, I got no good pictures, but here's a bad one. I guarantee that, whatever you think this is, you are incorrect. This is a golf course. There are no water traps, but there are a lot of natural sand traps, and every year the owners roll out turf to cover it. In the winter they roll it up and leave it in rolls on the grounds. I've been told it is free for anyone to use. And I've been told mixed things about whether it's regular golf or disk golf.

Comments

Popular Posts