Plans for my Time Here

Having no job, few friends up here, and an ongoing pandemic has given me a lot of time (already) to develop my hobbies and think about my life. I've drawn some pictures in ways that I've never done before (drew myself idealized- exactly how I would like to be, and tried working in colour for a change), worked on writing more music in a key other than D (why do I only think of tunes in the key of D?), and worked on some prose and poetry writing.

I've also been thinking about my future and where I'm going from here more than usual. When I wrote my song 'Eighteen', I wasn't actually 18, but now I almost am, and, although my circumstances are wildly different, I still don't know what I'm doing next. I do know that I'm going to be following God's will and that I will be okay whatever I end up doing. So the plan right now is to stay here until June and fly back to Alberta in time for Tanis' graduation (whether the celebration looks like expected or not I'll be there to celebrate however it goes). After Tanis' grad, I'll go to Whitney Lake Bible Camp to counsel for the summer, and then I'll probably go to Bible college in the fall.

I didn't think I would end up going to Bible college for a while, since I was planning to be back in Iqaluit for next winter, but it looks like God opened that door to me through a turn of events that I could not have anticipated. Amazing how, even when I can't see the reason, God is working out His will!

So I have things to do, and I'm not likely to get bored (there is always more of the bay to wander, and I haven't even ventured into the territorial park yet! That will be a day trip for me sometime), but I'm always open to other ideas! Let me know if you have other thoughts for me. I'm hoping to do something definitive in the next three months before I'm back in Alberta. I have lots of time. Silas' suggestion was to build a sailboat, and I think it's a great idea, but it might be a little difficult to transport back to Alberta with me. I'm thinking something arts related. Here are my ideas so far:

- write a book
- write a whole, coordinated music album (one that tells a story maybe)
- learn a big part of a language (pick Spanish back up? Learn some ancient Hebrew?)
- sew some clothing
- learn to play sheet music with my guitar. Or just get better at tabbing

I've got the time. Now I need to work up the willpower to spend three whole months on a project!

- Aliya

Comments

Popular Posts