Plane Thoughts Episode 4

FLIGHT 2
8:30. I feel an optimistic flight coming on. Toronto-Ottawa is short: just long enough for orange juice.

8:38. I'm trying to figure out if I was crazy for being bewildered by Aisle last flight, and I don't think I was. Every window I can see is occupying only the window armrest, leaving the other for the edge seat (no middle, so edge becomes least desired). Oh well.

8:41. Last time I flew Ottawa to Toronto they said we would get juice, but we did not. This may be an orange juice free flight. Either way, there will be food on my next flight.

8:44. The juice cart has rolled past. Today is a good day. I'm not sure why I'm not that tired. Maybe I should order coffee instead to stay that way. I think I left my sleep mask somewhere on this trip, so I need to order a new one soon.

9:02. I slept through orange juice. It was worth it.

9:06. Ah yes. The tired has arrived.

FLIGHT 3

2:16. The flight attendants on this flight are considerably more friendly than on my last Canadian North flight. I paid attention during tray wipe time as well, and now I have a clean tray. This time it felt necessary, though,  because my tray was really dirty. I wonder if handing out these wipes is their substitute for a ground team to clean the plane between flights. This plane has been parked on the tarmac at Ottawa since my last plane landed at 9:15, so they had the time.

2:22. Today's meal is a choice between beef and bison stew and chicken chickpea curry. And we also get tea today! And of course a cookie.

3:43. This flight has been largely unremarkable in every good way. All that I have to note thus far is that I asked a flight attendant for something. I am a success.

- Aliya

Comments

Popular Posts