Goodbye!

I watch out the window as the A320 I am aboard circles back over the bay between the city of Vancouver and Vancouver island. Today I am headed to Ottawa, seated in the 'preferred' section (not first class, but not economy- business? It's quite useless, since I think the only upgrade is free alcohol and I remain a minor. Also, the upgrade cost $64 and the alcohol is maximum value $6.95. I didn't book this ticket; the city of Iqaluit did). My dad is five rows behind me, seated in economy class (with no free alcohol). The plane approaches the Rocky Mountains, or rather the air above the Rocky Mountains. Far below me, somewhere on the Coquihalla by now, my mom and siblings are driving home. I said goodbye to them at the airport, sending letters with Mom to give to them on the way home.

Silas chose to sleep over with Austin last night, so I said goodbye to him there, and today my sisters and parents and I drove to Vancouver to bike around the sea wall in Stanley Park. We ended up renting three regular bikes and one tandem bike, which Tanis and I shared for most of the ride. The bike was more difficult than I expected at the start, but we quickly became accustomed to it. I sat at the front and steered, while Tanis sat on the back and peddled with me. Mom and Dad also tried it, and Kaylin rode with me for a bit.

Getting ready to leave Chilliwack

A small chocolate duck from Tanis/Kaylin/Mom in Vancouver

On the plane ready to take off

View out the window taking off from Vancouver


-Aliya

Comments

Popular Posts