It's Official Official

Moving to Iqaluit is turning out to be a very pricey endeavour. On the recommendation of several blogs, I purchased warm underlayers (opting for synthetic over Merino wool to save some money) for $100 apiece, insulated rubber boots, rolling duffle bags, and Merino wool socks, along with other basic necessities, adding up to a cost of over $1000. Flights to Iqaluit cost over $1000, but are covered by the city of Iqaluit who is employing me. I will receive a $2000 incentive to move there with my first paycheque, and if I remain in Iqaluit more than two years, I will not be required to pay it back. It seems that they are desperate to gain and keep workers. I am looking forward to moving and living alone, although I am a bit nervous about some things. I am ready- as ready as I will be.

Comments

Popular Posts